Tuesday, October 18, 2011

To Facebook or Not to Facebook?

Facebook is a global trend currently with over 750 million users who are either children or adults. Don’t be surprised if your parents sign up for Facebook or even your dear old grandmother! Facebook is potentially well known that it doesn’t make the incorrect spelling errors mark underneath the word on Microsoft Word. Interesting.
Anyhow, Facebook can either be a good thing or a bad thing. Teenagers who abuse the idea of social networking can be messy—harassment can evolve from social media websites such as MySpace or Facebook. However, those who appreciate global communication such as myself, are not drawn to abuse this privilege. Mind you, I have friends in Japan and other parts of the world who I cannot get contact with but luckily for me, Facebook users found my profiles and now we can communicate very easily. Just a click away, isn’t it?
A piece of my opinion—I hate tags on Facebook. I hate seeing pictures of myself on other people’s profiles and for friends’ of friends to see. I know I’m one in almost seven billion people out there, but I don’t want pictures of myself on Facebook. I always try to “untag” myself and it’s one of my pet peeves. Hell, it unconsciously bugs me when I see pictures of myself on the internet. Even if I do have Facebook or not, people will still upload pictures for every damn person to see. So, there you go.
Back to the topic----
Those who do not respect Facebook and other social networking websites create a dramatic proposal to not allow Facebook to children for parents and teachers. It’s simply ludicrous how many people take advantage of cyberspace abuse and harassment. I mean, come on! Don’t humans need a bit of soul-searching? Perhaps we do.
In all in all, I can’t really decide for sure if Facebook is a good thing or not. I’m hanging loosely in the neutral side of the spectrum…however more leaning to NO FACEBOOK.  I don’t constantly go on Facebook or post things about my personal life.  Honestly, who’s interested?

No comments:

Post a Comment